It is quite important to meet the Dentist at least twice a year. Generally, our busy schedules, and other compulsory duties push us to sit in an engaged situation. Although we plan to meet the Dentist as a general visit, the circumstances tie us. However, when we suddenly catch up with any Dental problems, we will rush to the dentist.
If you are neglecting a dental checkup due to the cost, time or fear, you might face all risks. Finally, the bad situation drags you to spend more on dental treatments and rupture you peace of mind. Most of us run to the dental clinic for any sudden problem in teeth. In this piece, it is explained that "When to pay attention towards the dentist?"
- Sudden pain and swelling in the lymph nodes near face or neck may be a signal for oral cancer. While visiting to diagnoseose such case, the dentist will check your teeth, tongue and lymph nodes to rule out the suspicion.
- When the gums turn puffy and they start bleeding while brushing or flossing, it is the time to take an appointment with your dentist
- In case of infected teeth with bad breath, swelling and inflammation, visiting dental clinic help you to avoid further damage to the adjoining teeth.
- If you feel your teeth are dull with stains, visiting dental unit will clear out the stains and make your teeth like a pearl. You will be advised to quit the habits which make the teeth staining.
- When you have a missing tooth and try to hide it, and longing to get a bright and perfect smile, break out the barriers and consult your dentist
- If you are already fixed up with dental fillings, crowns, dentures, then it is must visit your dentist to confirm your foreign body's condition.
- When you suffer from heart ailments, eating disorders, diabetes (or) undergoing radiation, chemotherapy for cancer, hormone replacement therapy, youought to schedule with your dentist often.
- Most of the women are caught up with dental problems during their gestational period. So, do not miss making an appointment with the dentist to save your fetus health.
- Whenever you find any difficulty in swallowing, chewing, eat liquid or soft food until you meet the dentist
- When you feel parched, it could be the sign of any medicine's side effect or a medical problem
- Bad breath, tobacco chewing, smoking cigarettes are dreadful to life. In the later period, the person may find blisters, inflammation in the mouth. Do not hesitate to consult your dentist, if the discomfort persists.
- In case your jaw is locked, difficulty in biting, it is time to see your dentist avoid further complications.
- If you feel any discomfort in the mouth, any mouth sores that last for more than a week, then your dentist should examine the teeth. Cold sores, Candidiasis, Leukoplakia, canker sores are the common mouth sores. Each one varies in severity and causes. Mouth sores may have the symptoms of any mouth disease. Infection from bacteria, fungus, viruses, irritation and injuries caused by dentures, braces should be treated immediately to avoid further dental injuries.
- Plaque is a hard and sticky material that deposits to the teeth, gum line and it contains hazardous bacteria. The building of plaque results in tartar which spoils the teeth color. Irregular brushing, flossing and other criteria cause the plaque formation. If you find any discolored teeth, tartar visually, consult your dentist for further treatment to remove the deposited petition.
"Prevention is better than cure". Consult your dentist regularly instead of rushing at the eleventh hour.