Everyone loves people with great smiles. A great smile can light up a room when that person walks in the door. However, a great smile takes more that just a smiley face. Part of having a great smile is having great teeth. Great teeth begin with basic dental hygiene and white teeth. Over the years, teeth can lose its luster due the foods we eat each day. Here are some easy teeth whitening tips to bring back that smile.
White teeth begin with basic dental hygiene. This means brushing and flossing twice daily as recommended by the American Dental Association. The toothpaste we use can have an affect on your smile. There are toothpastes specifically formulated to whiten teeth so you can start using this type of paste. There is the old baking soda remedy where you mix water and the soda to form a paste.
Your diet and smoking habits have an adverse effect on your teeth. It's understandable that this is not an easy teeth whitening solution but it can help very much. Years of smoking and consuming nicotine can tarnish teeth. The foods we eat can also discolor teeth. Many of today's foods are refined and processed. If you want to whiten teeth, or a least prevent further discoloration, you can cut back on smoking and eating process foods though this may be easier said than done.
Home tooth whitening kits can make you smile brighter. Instead of taking a trip to the dentist and paying hundreds of dollars for treatment, you can use a DIY home kit to brighten your smile. There are different types of kits. Most kits founder of mouth guards, gels, and whitening strips. Improvement in your smile can be noticed in as little as a week.
These were some examples of easy teeth whitening techniques. If you want to brighten that smile so you can light up the room when you enter, these tips can be helpful.
Source by Holly Thomas… More
Here are some tips:
1. Brush twice a day … at least. That is, once in the morning when you wake up (or after your morning coffee if that's the order you prefer), once before bed, and then once after lunch, preferably. IF you're only going to brush once (which is highly unreceived, that one time should be at night before bed.
2. Floss once a day. And if floss gets all tangly and confusing for you, switch to dental sticks. These are like toothpicks, but have a flat or sometimes triangular shaped end, perfect for inserting between teeth. If you bleed during the process, do not give up. In a few days time, the boring should reduce or disappear. The bleeding is your gums screaming out to you, "Please, do this more often. I need this on a regular basis!"
3. Brush your tongue and lips during the tooth brushing process. Brushing your tongue will help to eliminate bad breath, and brushing your lips will help loosen dead skin, making your lips look soft and supple.
4. Apply lip balm after brushing, to maintain lip moisture and health. Regular petroleum jelly also works wonders to restore moisture to dry lips.
5. If you have receding gums use a sensitive toothpaste and an ultra soft toothbrush. NOTE: You do not need to be old to have receding gums. Many young people also have thin or receding gums. By using highly abrasive toothpaste (as most are) and by using a hard or even medium toothbrush, you're literally brushing away your gums, setting you up for serious oral and periodontal problems in the future.
Source by Emilie Joe… More
Say Goodbye To Discoloured Teeth
Do you find yourself avoiding social situations more and more or making excuses when presented with the opportunity to meet new people because you are embarrassed by the look of your teeth? It is a proven fact that self-esteem suffers greatly when we are not happy with our physical appearance. If you have been unable to change the discoloration of your teeth due to cost then you need to take a little time to find out about teeth whitening paint. Most systems that are available are costly and time consuming and require the use of trays or plastic strips and often repeated visits to your dental office. With teeth whitening paint there is no apparatus involved and the whitener is applied directly onto the surface of your teeth using a simple brush. The whitening paint solidifies once it has been painted on thus creating a film that adheres to the teeth.
Since the results are seen right away, it can be used anytime an unexpected social or professional situation arises. People in the media, models and actors in theatre and film use it regularly to give both their private and public image the best smile they can. Go to that important interview that became available at the last minute with confidence knowing that you will be able to focus on the task at hand rather that being worried that the person interviewing you is getting the wrong impression when you smile.
Harmless, Non-Toxic and Safe
Teeth whitening paint produces an instant cosmetic layer over the discolouration of your teeth caused by tobacco stains, aging, gray tooth syndrome, etc., and will give you the appearance of naturally white, healthy teeth. Teeth whitening paint can also be used to brighten crowns, dentures, bridges, veneers and caps; it is harmless, non-toxic and has been analyzed for safety. Reclaim your self-confidence and don’t hide your smile any longer. Soon you will find yourself saying yes to impromptu gatherings and will smile openly whenever someone brings out a camera.
Improve your Appearance Instantly
Take the time to go on line now and order the teeth whitening paint used by professionals and instantly improve your appearance. You take care to look your best by carefully choosing the right outfit for work or leisure activities. You maintain a healthy body by eating right and exercising regularly. While all those things are important … More
Sharp, throbbing discomfort and exceedingly painful toothaches can introduce themselves without any warning. The cause of a toothache can be diverse, but the usual therapy for a toothache is typically the same: go to an emergency dentist. Most home emergency dental therapies may help in getting rid of toothache pain, but will not resolve the cause of the toothache.
Toothache pain usually conveys itself with symptoms that include:
– A throbbing pain which can either be sporadic or constant.
– An increase in level of dental pain when eating, chewing or drinking cold or hot fluids.
– Intensified pain while lying down or moving the head.
Toothaches can be the consequence of many different reasons that include:
– Dental tooth decay
– Infection around the tooth or gum
– Food debris stuck between the teeth or gums
– Traumatic force to the face, teeth and other dental structures
– A sinus infection (sinusitis) can give the symptoms of a toothache particularly in the upper teeth that are close to the sinus
Alleviating an emergency toothache when it occurs can be difficult to achieve but there are several things that you can do to help ease the pain of even the severest toothache. Prior to seeing an emergency dentist, you can try the following:
1. First, take three pills of Ibuprofen at 200mg so that the total equals 600mg. You are able to take 600mg of Ibuprofen every 4-6 hours. This works to help the pain as well as the swelling.
2. Rinse your mouth with warm salt water.
3. Use dental floss between the teeth to remove any trapped food debris.
4. Soak a cotton ball with alcohol such as whiskey and apply this fitted cotton ball directly on the tooth that is causing the discomfort. Maintain it there until all the whiskey has drained out of the ball of cotton.
5. Mash up a clove of fresh garlic and place this within a piece of gauze. Compress the gauze until you feel the garlic oils extruding out. Apply the gauze with garlic directly on the tooth that is causing pain for 5-10 minutes. Remove and discard the garlic, repeat this again after one hour.
6. Apply an over-the-counter topical anesthetic containing benzocaine (such as oragel) immediately on the irritated tooth and gum to temporarily treat the discomfort. Do not put aspirin or other painkiller directly against the tooth, as … More
There are a range of popular cosmetic dentistry procedures available today thanks to new and emerging technology. Tooth whitening is just one of these procedures. Dentists fit your teeth with a custom-made tray to get the shape of your mouth and then give you the fitted trays to take home so you can apply the whitening gel at your leisure. This procedure takes up to two weeks or as long as it takes for you to achieve your desired whiteness.
Veneers are another popular form of cosmetic dentistry. Veneers are slim, tooth-colored shells that are developed and shaped to bond to the front of your teeth. They are often used in place of a crown if your tooth is strong and healthy. They are a great way to treat chipped or discolored teeth and will give your smile that stunning factor. The procedure involves removing a small layer of your tooth and an impression being taken then the veneer is applied. Veneers can last many years if good oral hygiene is maintained.
Dental implants are a great way to replace missing teeth with convincing carbon copies. The procedure includes putting a titanium post in your jaw. The replacement tooth is then attached to the titanium implant. This cosmetic dentistry removes the need for removable dentures. You can get implants in a number of combinations including a single back or front tooth a group of back or front teeth. Not only will implants improve your smile they will also make chewing easier.
A new and improved way of treating tooth decay is Healozone. You will not have to suffer through drilling, pain and nasty side effects or bad reactions. It is the easiest and gentlest way to take care of your tooth decay with 99% of bacteria being destroyed in 10 to 40 seconds.
Bridges can fill in the space of one or more missing teeth. They are attached and secured to the teeth on either side of the space. The bridge is shaped to fit these teeth and also to perform the duties the original tooth would normally do. Fixing or replacing ruined or missing teeth is a great way to improve your look and will help avoid problems such as bad bite and being unable to chew properly.
Laser treatment is an excellent form of treatment that helps you avoid the needles, drilling and other invasive procedures. It involves … More
Your baby needs proper health care and proper dental care. It's easy to overlook this simple but very important fact. Once your baby's teeth start coming in, it's essential that you start taking care of them and encouraging healthy brush habits early on. Here is the most common advice from your dentist.
You'll start to see teeth anywhere from 4 to 9 months. Some kids take longer than others; some take as long as 18 months before the first ones appear. If you're unsure about it, talk to your dentist. It's rare for there to be problems with tooth emerging. Doctors recommend that you start cleaning before they even come in. Make sure your finger is clean, and use it to rub your baby's gums. You can start doing this just a few days after birth.
Teething is when your child's teeth are coming in, and it's painful. They may cry a lot and drool more than usual. They may also wake up at night more often and in grumpier moods. One thing you can do to help them when they're teething is get them a teeth ring or cool washcloth to chew on. You can also massage their gums with a clean finger.
Brushing And Flossing
Once your baby has some teeth, it's time to start brushing. While it's not necessary to use a toothbrush, many parents choose to so that their child will get used to the routine. Your dentist will tell you to brush in the morning and evening before bed at least. After meals is ideal but not always possible.
Toothpaste is optional, but if you choose toothpaste, make sure to use one that's not fluoride based. You can always ask for your advice on what to use. For children under 2, just use a tiny bit. Always be gentle when brushing and flossing. Remember that their oral organs are much more sensitive than an adult's.
Watch For Cavities
Baby teeth are important for your child's later development, so watch closely for cavities. The warning signs are discoloration and pitting. If you see anything that looks like a cavity, it's always a good idea to show it to the dentist. One cause of cavities in babies is too much bottle feeding. Dentists recommend that you do not leave the bottle overnight in your child's crib for this reason.
As soon as your child's tooth … More
Types Of Cosmetic Denture
There are two main types of Cosmetic denture available:
1. Acrylic (or plastic) Cosmetic dentures
2. Cobalt Chromium (or metal metal based) Cosmetic dentures – advised when at least some teeth are present
Advantages Of Cobalt Chromium Cosmetic Dentures
1. Better chewing (more stable; less movement of denture)
2. Food more enjoyable (less coverage of the mouth)
3. Stronger (metal is very hard, plastic can fracture)
4. Lighter and thinner (plastic is more bulky)
5. More comfortable
6. More healthy (less gum coverage possible)
Stages In Cosmetic Denture Making
1. The first impressions. Required to make molds and a custom made special tray.
2. The second impression. A very accurate impression is taken.
3. The bite stage. The complexity of your bite is recorded, and the color and shape of the teeth chosen. (It is helpful to bring along any old photographs you may have showing your teeth at this visit).
4. The try-in stage. The Cosmetic denture teeth are set up in wax to confirm the appearance, fit and the bite. Your approval and opinion is important here.
5. The fitting stage. The Cosmetic denture is carefully adjusted to fit in place.
6. The review stage. To assess how you are getting on with the cosmetic denture (s).
Cost Of Cosmetic Denture Treatment
Cosmetic dentists have a consistently high standard of clinical work using modern Cosmetic denture-making techniques. The variables in cost are:
1. The laboratory – An advanced laboratory will have better equipment and materials.
2. The technician – A skilled, experienced technician will produce a higher standard of work compared to an average apprentice technician. This ensures more comfortable and better fitting dentures.
3. The materials used – Cosmetic Denture making technology has really come a long way.
Cosmetic Dentists carefully select the ideal set of teeth for your needs based on the shape of your face, your smile and shade requirements. The quality and strength of plastics, the use of cobalt chromium, the use of gold or tooth colored clips and many other variables affect the total cost of denture treatment. The Cosmetic Dentist will carefully discuss with you and guide you which Cosmetic denture will best suit your needs and budget.
Source by Rishabh Kumar Mahawar… More
Cosmetic Dentistry processes and treatments are quickly catching up with other forms of cosmetic treatments that people want to subject themselves to, for many reasons from aesthetic to medical. However, choosing the right professional to a cosmetic dental procedure on your teeth can be quite a task.
There may be a set of questions you want to ask yourself in choosing a professional that you can trust to do a good job. After all, it involves a lot of time, effort and money and one that needs a carefully thought out decision.
In helping arriving at the right decision, there are some basic issues that need more than satisfactory answers.
1. Is the cosmetic dentist suitably qualified?
This is the most important question. Cosmetic Dentistry is not recognized as a specialty area by the American Dental Association but accreditations from the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD) is a must for every dentist who can hope to carry out cosmetic procedures. Dentists receiving accreditation from the AACD have undergone a substantial amount of education and training in cosmetic dentistry, passed comprehensive oral and written examinations, presented at least five cases of cosmetic dentistry procedures before a panel of experts and take an exam to attend to very high standards of ethics in cosmetic dentistry treatment. With these qualifications and credentials under his belt, a dentist is considered as having achieved the highest level of competency. Even after having obtained accreditation, a cosmetic dentist is required to actively participate in continuing education courses and be abreast of the latest technology trends in dental treatments.
2. Does the dentist have experience in special procedures especially in the area you are looking for?
Firstly, it will do you a world of good to read up and get some background research into the dental procedure you wish to have. A cosmetic dentist who specializes in multiple areas seems like a good choice especially if you need two or three different procedures. However, if the service requires is highly specialized, the best bet would be to go with a specialist in that particular area who can offer suggestions and variations for any extensive work. But that specialization should be combined with adequate experience in the procedure required.
3. Does the dentist have records of results of previous patients and can you speak to one or two of them for reference / testimonials?
Looking at records … More
Are you looking for a good dental office? How to choose a dentist overseas? How to choose a dental care centre which offers good service? Searching for the right dentist? These may be some of the questions on your mind if you’re looking for a well qualified dentist.
There are a few key points one should keep in mind when selecting a good dental office.
The most important is the qualification of the dentist. Ensure that the dentist is licensed in the country where he/she is practicing. Look for the credentials, dental school he graduated from and their experience in this field. It is definitely very important to find the right dentist for your dental needs whom you’re comfortable with. When searching for a good dental clinic, be sure you pick a place in which you will receive the attention that your require. It needs to be open conveniently and offer extended and emergency services to its patients. Low cost, affordable dental treatment and maintenance visits to the dental office are equally important factors.
If you are looking for a best dental clinic to solve your teeth problems, look for one which can provide quality dental services with client satisfaction. A good dental clinic should be well equipped with the latest in technology like Digital X-rays, Intra-oral cameras, microscopes, patient education video and monitors, latest equipment and a good quality dental chair. It is extremely important that they maintain ‘High Sterilization Standards’, list their ‘Clinical Protocols’, use branded and tested ‘Materials and Products’, and have a primary and experienced Dentist with other Dental Specialists in-office. A good and qualified dentist along with his team and other specialists should be able to provide a comprehensive and complete dental care for the individual and the entire family.
Most reputable and good dental offices have their own websites with provision for making appointments. Both Domestic and International Appointments can be made using these forms available on their websites. Some good dental offices will also have the provision for Online Consultation, ‘Live Chat’ and ‘Patient Feedback Forms’. Reading ‘Patient Testimonials’ either available in their websites or on Google is a very useful tool in assessing the quality of dental service and reputation of the dentist. Check for Memberships, Affiliations and other Certifications of the dental office.
To keep your teeth healthy, it is essential that you visit your dentist every six months called as … More